Master of Science in Computer Science (MS CS)
The MS program is a professional research degree designed to prepare students for various advanced professional careers, especially technology development in leading industrial, government, and non-profit organization R&D facilities. Specialized training is available in the faculty’s active research fields.
- Fall deadline: March 1
- Jan. 15 for those interested in financial support from the department
- Letters of acceptance sent by May 1
- Spring deadline: Oct. 1
- Letters of acceptance sent by Nov. 15
Steps to Apply
- You will apply to the Graduate School, not to the department
- Official transcripts from ALL institutions attended
- Official GRE score report from Education Testing Service in New Jersey (and TOEFL scores for international students)
2. Submit the following in the online application to the CS Department
- A personal goal statement indicating why you want to pursue this degree and why you are prepared to do so. Please also include your research interest areas.
- A résumé
- 3 letters of recommendation from professors
- Copies of all transcripts
If you are a…
- current non-degree graduate student or current graduate student in another department, you should fill out a Change of Advisor, Degree Program or Division form.
- previous graduate student returning to the same program, you should fill out a Re-Activation form.
- Collaborative Academic Program (3+2) student, fill out a Master’s Degree Application for Collaborative Academic Programs (3+2) students and upload it to your online application.