NSF NeuroREU Project
Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Neuroscience (2021-2024)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2022 (deadline of 1 March 2022)
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. Applicants are expected to have completed at least two years of full-time college enrollment prior to June and be pursuing a major in biological sciences, psychological sciences, engineering, physics, mathematics or related fields. Students graduating prior to July are not eligible. Also, the program is for non-Mizzou students, i.e., students from University of Missouri-Columbia are not eligible.
- A 10-week research experience from Monday, May 23 to Friday, July 29, 2022 (travel days of Sun, May 22 and Saturday, July 30) – TENTATIVE
- A stipend of $6,000 in addition to travel, tuition, air-conditioned campus dorm housing and full meal plan
- An opportunity to assist graduate students with important research led by leading faculty with a wide range of expertise spanning four different colleges. This REU will have a computational component.
- 1 hr credit for a course in “Computational Neuroscience” (meets one hour a week).
- Opportunity to join approximately 50+ other undergrad research students in a Research Symposium wherein each student prepares a poster presentation and writes a 1-page abstract for publication in a symposium handbook.
- A full series of evening workshops and brown bag lunches with 50+ other undergraduate researchers will give students information about research, career preparation and options, in addition to scientific ethics.
- Nationally acclaimed speakers will discuss specialty areas relevant to the summer research program.
- Social activities will be planned with input from participants guiding the agenda.
- Opportunity to enhance resumes and prepare for graduate school.