NSF NeuroREU Project
Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Neuroscience (2017-2019)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2019 (DEADLINE OF January 15, 2019)
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- A 10-week research experience from Tuesday, May 21 to Friday, July 26, 2019 (travel days of Mon, May 20 and Saturday, July 27)
- A stipend of $5,750 in addition to travel, tuition, air-conditioned campus dorm housing and full meal plan
- An opportunity to assist graduate students with important research led by leading faculty with a wide range of expertise spanning four different colleges. This REU will have a computational component.
- 1 hr credit for a course in “Computational Neuroscience” (meets one hour a week).
- Opportunity to join approximately 50+ other undergrad research students in a Research Symposium wherein each student prepares a poster presentation and writes a 1-page abstract for publication in a symposium handbook.
- A full series of evening workshops and brown bag lunches with 50+ other undergraduate researchers will give students information about research, career preparation and options, in addition to scientific ethics.
- Nationally acclaimed speakers will discuss specialty areas relevant to the summer research program.
- Social activities will be planned with input from participants guiding the agenda.
- Opportunity to enhance resumes and prepare for graduate school.