NSF NeuroREU Project
Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Neuroscience (2021-2024)
WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO HOST OUR REU PROGRAM DURING SUMMER 2021 DUE TO THE PANDEMIC. PLEASE CONSIDER APPLYING TO OTHER PROGRAMS. BEST WISHES.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2021 (deadline of 1 March 2021)
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. Applicants are expected to have completed at least two years of full-time college enrollment prior to June and be pursuing a major in biological sciences, psychological sciences, engineering, physics, mathematics or related fields. Students graduating prior to July are not eligible. Also, the program is for non-Mizzou students, i.e., students from University of Missouri-Columbia are not eligible.
- A 10-week research experience from Monday, May 24 to Friday, July 30, 2021 (travel days of Sun, May 23 and Saturday, July 31) – TENTATIVE
- A stipend of $6,000 in addition to travel, tuition, air-conditioned campus dorm housing and full meal plan
- An opportunity to assist graduate students with important research led by leading faculty with a wide range of expertise spanning four different colleges. This REU will have a computational component.
- 1 hr credit for a course in “Computational Neuroscience” (meets one hour a week).
- Opportunity to join approximately 50+ other undergrad research students in a Research Symposium wherein each student prepares a poster presentation and writes a 1-page abstract for publication in a symposium handbook.
- A full series of evening workshops and brown bag lunches with 50+ other undergraduate researchers will give students information about research, career preparation and options, in addition to scientific ethics.
- Nationally acclaimed speakers will discuss specialty areas relevant to the summer research program.
- Social activities will be planned with input from participants guiding the agenda.
- Opportunity to enhance resumes and prepare for graduate school.