Engineering Career Fair
The MU College of Engineering presents two career fairs each academic year – one in the fall and one in the spring. A career fair is often the first opportunity students have to meet potential employers. More than 180 companies will be on hand to recruit for full-time positions as well as internships and co-ops.
Fall 2020 VIRTUAL – Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. Register through CareerEco.
Spring 2021 – Date TBD
We welcome requests for ADA accommodations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Students can meet representatives from top engineering companies recruiting for internships and full-time positions at the Engineering Career Fair while establishing important network connections. It is important that students dress professionally and are prepared with a current resume. Employers will note appearance, preparedness and professionalism.
Prepare for the Career Fair
- Update your résumé and have copies on hand to give to company representatives.
- Schedule a mock interview with the Leadership Academy.
- Attend Leadership Academy events to prepare for networking and interviews.
- Check out the Career Fair Survival Kit.
- Establish a student profile on HireMizzouTigers.com, also referred to as Handshake.
- Familiarize yourself with the list of employers attending the career fair.
- Research the companies you are interested in thoroughly; make a comprehensive study of their site.
- Dress professionally. For men, this means a suit or sport coat. In warmer weather, dress slacks, a nice shirt and tie are acceptable. For women, a nice slack suit or a dress (no short hems) is appropriate.
If employers have not already done so, they should establish a profile on HireMizzouTigers.com, also referred to as Handshake. After the profile is established, employers can register for the career fair(s) the wish to attend. They can also post job openings. Contact the Engineering Leadership, Engagement and Career Development Academy for assistance in establishing a profile. Register for a career fair by calling 573.884.1907.