Engineering Career Fair
Fall Career Fair
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The MU College of Engineering presents two career fairs each academic year – one in the fall and one in the spring. A career fair is often the first opportunity students have to meet potential employers. More than 150 companies will be on hand to recruit for full-time positions as well as internships. It is important that students dress professionally and are prepared with a current resume. Employers will note appearance, preparedness and professionalism.
Check out the Career Fair Survival Kit.
If employers have not already done so, they should establish a profile on HireMizzouTigers.com, also referred to as Handshake. After the profile is established, employers can register for the career fair(s) the wish to attend. They can also post job openings. Contact the Engineering Leadership, Engagement and Career Development Academy for assistance in establishing a profile. Register for a career fair by calling 573-884-1907.
While students do not need to register for the career fair, there are several things they should do in preparation.
- If you have not already done so, establish a student profile on HireMizzouTigers.com, also referred to as Handshake.
- Familiarize yourself with the list of employers attending the career fair. The list can be found on Handshake.com, where you can also download the Career Fair Plus App or view the app online. Pay particular attention to the employers hiring in your major and to what kind of positions are offered.
- Thoroughly research the companies you are interested in, and prepare questions to ask company representatives. This should not be just a 15-minute scan of the company’s website, but a comprehensive study of the site.
- Update your résumé and have copies on hand to give to company representatives.
- Dress professionally. For men, this means a suit or sport coat. In warmer weather, dress slacks, a nice shirt and tie are acceptable. For women, a nice slack suit or a dress (no short hems) is appropriate.
- If you need help with your resume or have questions regarding the Engineering Career Fair visit the Engineering Leadership, Engagement, and Career Development Academy:
W1025 Lafferre Hall
If you need transportation to the career fair site, shuttle vans are available. Vans leave the Reynolds Alumni Center (RAC) beginning at 9:30 a.m. on the morning of the fair and circulate every 15 minutes between RAC and the Mizzou Arena. The last departure from RAC and the Mizzou Arena will depend on the schedule for the day of the fair.