Florence, Italy MAE 2600: Dynamics
Take a core engineering course, make progress toward your degree completion, and visit global engineering companies while enjoying Florence’s fascinating history and culture this summer 2018.
Join MU Engineering professor Josiah Bryan, for Dynamics this summer in Florence. In addition to the campus culture at the CEA Florence Study Centerand the surrounding area, there will be tours and activities available to fit around your class schedule. Classes and company projects will be held Monday-Thursday, with three-day weekends to allow more time to explore.
Students depart the United States on Friday, May 25, 2018 and return on Saturday, June 23, 2018.
* Students will be required to attend 1-2 predeparture lectures regarding safety, packing, and travel requirements, Dates will be announced in Spring 2018.
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Visit engineering companies
- Three-day weekends (Thursday evenings-Sunday)
- Shared student apartments
- Course prerequisites: ENGR 1200
- Open to all engineering departments, UM System and SEC students
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors
Program Fee: $3,380*
* Includes housing, international health insurance, Engineering Study Abroad fees, International Center fees, cultural excursions, local transportation, and some meals.
- Tuition & Educational Fees (3 credits hours): $1,259*
* Based on Missouri Resident tuition & fees
- Airfare: $1,200-1,300
- Personal Expenditure Estimates
Meals & Local Transportation $500
These budgets are an estimate valid at the time of printing and are subject to change. Depending on your personal spending habits, you may spend more or less than the figures provided. The given amounts are estimated costs based on current exchange rates and on the information provided to us by your host program or institution.
Financial Aid packages are typically granted in the form of low-interest student loans that cover all trip related expenses (tuition, fees, accommodations, activities and personal expenses)
To be considered for aid, you must:
- Be enrolled in a study abroad trip
- Complete your financial aid worksheet with your study abroad advisor
- Take the sheet to Student Financial Aid in 11 Jesse Hall to meet with a financial aid advisor (no appointment necessary or an appointment can be made through MU Connect).
If you are awarded financial aid for study abroad, it will be applied to your MU account according to the regular financial aid disbursement schedule.
Applications can be submitted here.
First come, first serve basis until the course is full (Limited to 30 students).
Registration deadline: February 15, 2018
Maximize your Italy summer experience and earn 3 additional credits of ENGR 3000 Global Leadership for Engineers (Upper Level Humanities).
Dr. Josiah Bryan – Dynamics