China: CH ENGR 2225 Mass & Energy Balance
Join MU Engineering professor, Paul Chan, for Mass & Energy Balance this summer at Chongqing University in Chongqing, China In addition to the campus culture at XMUT and the surrounding area, there will be cultural excursions and co-curricular activities available to fit around your class schedule. Classes, company visits and cultural excursions will be held Monday through Friday, with free afternoon and weekends to allow you more time to explore.
Take a core engineering course, make progress towards your degree completion, and visit global engineering companies while enjoying Chongqing’s fascinating history and culture this summer 2018.
Program Dates: To be determined
Location: Chongqing, China
- China Orientation
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Corporate visits
- Cultural Excursions
Shared student apartments at Chongqing University. (2 people per room. Bedding is provided.)
- Course pre-requisites: Physics I and Chemistry I. (Chemistry II is also recommended)
- Open to all engineering departments, UM System, and SEC students
- Limited to 30 students
Program Fee: $2,660*
*Includes on-site support, housing, international health insurance, Engineering Study Abroad fees, International Center fees, cultural excursions, program-related transportation, partner university lectures, company visits and some meals.
- Tuition & Educational Fees (3 credits hours): $1,259*
*Based on Missouri Resident tuition & fees
- Airfare: $1,300-$1,400
- Personal Expenditure Estimates
Meals & Local Transportation $500
First come first serve basis until the course is full
Registration Deadline: February 15, 2017
Financial Aid packages are typically granted in the form of low-interest student loans that cover all trip related expenses (tuition, fees, accommodations, activities and personal expenses)
To be considered for aid, you must:
- Be enrolled in a study abroad trip
- Complete your financial aid worksheet with your study abroad advisor
- Take the sheet to Student Financial Aid in 11 Jesse Hall to meet with a financial aid adviser (no appointment necessary or an appointment can be made through MU Connect).
If you are awarded financial aid for study abroad, it will be applied to your MU account according to the regular financial aid disbursement schedule.
Associate Professor Emeritus