Academy of Distinguished Alumni
The Civil Engineering Academy was established in 1998 by the MU Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and an active group of civil engineering alumni.
The purpose of the Academy is to honor outstanding graduates and distinguished friends of the University of Missouri Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Election to the Academy recognizes outstanding achievement, excellence and leadership in engineering and civic affairs.
To honor those civil engineering graduates from the University of Missouri who are outstanding in their field, leaders in community affairs and worthy of emulation.
- To motivate civil engineering students by providing examples of outstanding civil engineering graduates;
- to be partners in the education of University of Missouri students;
- and to help the University of Missouri achieve national prominence in civil engineering education.
Induction into the Academy honors some of the most successful of the Civil Engineering Alumni of the University of Missouri. View the Academy membership profiles.
Portraits and brief vitae of the academy members are displayed in the Engineering Building to recognize academy members and to serve as inspirational role models for engineering students.
The MU Civil Engineering Academy Scholarships are $5,000 toward academic fees over 2 years. Recipients must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA to renew the scholarship for the second year.
- Undergraduate transfer students entering the Civil & Environmental Engineering Department who have completed at least 60 credit hours
- Preference is given to students with strong Missouri ties transferring from community or junior colleges and 4-year colleges.
What makes applicants stand out?
Applicants’ GPA, application letter and math and physics grades will be strongly considered in the application process.
- Fill out the application below.
- Be sure to attach an unofficial college transcript.
- Be sure to provide a letter explaining why you should receive the scholarship, including your career goals and explaining how you will succeed as an engineer.
- Submit the application the semester before you will enroll in classes.
Please contact CEE Department Chair Zhiqiang Hu with any questions.
Update your CEADA member profile
This form is for Civil Engineering Academy of Distinguished Alumni members ONLY. CEADA members: Use this form to update your profile on the CEADA member biography page.
If you are a Civil and Environmental Engineering Department alumnus wishing to tell us about your new job, your retirement or an award you received, submit a class note to Mizzou Magazine. (Class notes accepted for accolades from the past year. Your submission may be edited for style, length and clarity.)
If you are a Civil and Environmental Engineering Department alumnus wishing to update your address or employer information with MU alumni records, click here.