Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EECS) Department
Welcome to Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Mizzou!
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EECS) Department combines the academic and research endeavors of Electrical & Computer Engineering with Computer Science into a driven, cohesive department focused on providing students with an excellent academic experience and making the next research breakthrough.
Officially combined in 2017, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science is one of six academic departments within the College of Engineering at the University of Missouri. This department is home to more than 450 students and 50 world-class faculty members. The University of Missouri is one of just 34 public institutions to be a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU) and is the state’s only public Tier 1 research university.
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Faculty
MU’s Electrical Engineering and Computer Science faculty are at the forefront of groundbreaking research and innovative solutions to the world’s problems. Focusing on a multidisciplinary approach to teaching, they challenge students to explore and collaborate across disciplines.
The Student Experience
Research encompasses all levels of the academic experience at MU Engineering. Undergraduate and graduate students pair with EECS faculty and full-time researchers to find the newest breakthroughs. Through our many research centers, signature programs and laboratories, students are able to join a research project that exactly fits their desired area of expertise.
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Degree Programs
MU Electrical Engineering and Computer Science has a long-standing commitment to provide quality undergraduate and graduate education.
We offer bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in computer engineering, computer science and electrical engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BS EE)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BS CoE)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BS CS)
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science (BA CS)
- Dual Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering & Physics (BS EE/Physics)
- Dual Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Computer Engineering (BS EE & BS CE)
- Dual Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering & Computer Science (BS CE & BS CS)
- Dual Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Information Technology (BS CS & BS IT)
- Bachelor and Master of Science in Computer Science (BS/MS CS)
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering (MSCE)
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE)
- Master of Science in Computer Science (MS CS)
- Bachelor & Master of Science in Computer Science (BS/MS CS)
- PhD Computer Science (PhD CS)
- PhD Electrical & Computer Engineering (PhD ECE)
Neural Engineering Laboratory
The Neural Engineering Laboratory Group is engaged in collaborative explorations of the functioning of neurons and networks, using both invertebrate and vertebrate model systems. Based at the University of Missouri (MU), our neuroscience collaborators include faculty from MU and other institutions.
Big Data Analytics Summer Experience
Big Data is transforming science, engineering, medicine, healthcare, finance, business, and ultimately society itself. Big Data analytics represents a new era of computing, where data in any format maybe processed and exploited to extract insights for industries and organizations to make informed decisions, whether that data is in-place, in motion or at-rest, in large volume, structured or unstructured.
Information for summer 2018 is currently available.