MEP Undergraduate Scholarship
Multicultural Engineering Program Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established to support student endeavors in pursuing a career in Engineering and selection is dependent on merit and/or financial need. Awards vary from $1,000 to $3,000 a year and are renewable up to four years given meeting certain requirements. No separate application is currently required. All admitted students are automatically reviewed for consideration for the scholarship and students who are eligible for the scholarship will be notified. Students can be awarded the MEP Scholarship via engineering along with Brooks or diversity scholarships from the university.
Upon acceptance, scholars will be a part of our Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP), where they will have access to professional development opportunities and a support network. The Multicultural Engineering Program is housed in the Office of Diversity and Outreach Initiatives, where our mission is to facilitate the outreach, recruitment, retention, and overall success of all members of our community, especially those from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in engineering, via inclusion, diversity and equity programming.
For participants to maintain and be eligible for renewal of their Multicultural Engineering Scholarship, they must meet certain requirements throughout the year, including but not limited to:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater (GPA of 3.6 or greater guarantees funding at the same level as initial award)
- Join a student organization and work towards leadership positions
- Mid-semester progress check with your instructors
- Turn in form to director at mid-semester meeting
- Participate in the Multicultural Engineering Program events at the College of Engineering, including the Annual Diverse Engineering Professionals Conference in October and the Pursuit of Excellence Celebration Banquet in December.
- Participate in two career and professional development events, including the Engineering Career Fair, as well as a resume review and mock interview
Our goal is to be a resource and provide assistance to our MEP Scholars in succeeding at Mizzou Engineering! We will do our best to work with each student and meet their needs to help them pursue an engineering degree. For any questions, please contact the Director of Diversity and Outreach, Tojan Rahhal, at RahhalT@missouri.edu.