The Guiding Core: Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence
We work with honor.
We demonstrate strong character — even when no one is watching.
We take responsibility for our actions, and recognize the accomplishments of others.
We build strong teams through honesty, fairness and respect.
We are reliable and trustworthy: Others can depend on us to work harder and smarter as we seek new pathways, every day, to make life better for all.
We value strength found in working together.
We seek to understand those around us, and appreciate those voices that help expand our thinking and worldview.
We find power in synergy of different minds and experiences.
We support others, and we reach out to others for support.
We believe that only through our combined efforts will we achieve true excellence and impact global change.
We set a higher standard, and push beyond the status quo.
We pursue, accept and desire challenge.
We achieve greatness by expanding the limits of possibility.
We gather great minds who work in an environment of mentoring, trial and error, innovation and growth.
We take pride in our role as engineering leaders, globally renowned for developing groundbreaking, life-changing solutions.
We believe the work we do is more than education and research — it is changing the world.
College of Engineering Mission
Our mission is to provide MU Engineering students with the resources and services needed to reach their academic and professional goals.
We support this mission by:
- Supporting the academic and research mission of the University of Missouri, the College of Engineering and College of Engineering departments
- Providing programs and resources to support student success
- Valuing and promoting diversity, multiculturalism and an inclusive environment within the College of Engineering
- Encouraging positive self-growth through academic planning and accountability
- Creating an environment that fosters development by focusing on individual student needs
University of Missouri Values
The four core values of the University of Missouri are respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence. Our staff reflects these values through: