Jump to Header Jump to Main Content Jump to Footer
Bremen Germany

Germany Semester Abroad

Spend a semester in beautiful Bremen, Germany taking classes at our partner, Jacobs University. Jacobs University is a private, English language campus university with the highest standards of research and teaching.

Take a virtual campus tour here.


Take core and elective engineering courses and other general education courses while being immersed in the richness and diversity of German culture.

You will be required to take at least the equivalent of 12 US credit hours.

You will need to complete a detailed Course Proposal for Study Abroad as a requirement for Admissions in this program.


  • Sophomore +
  • 2.5 GPA

Language of Instruction

  • English
  • Courses also available German


Apartments or resident halls

Program Costs

Estimated program costs are available:

Students on most MU affiliated programs are billed for 13 MU credit hours for a semester (six for summer) according to the regular MU billing schedule. Regular MU tuition is paid directly to MU, and then is forwarded by the MU College of Engineering to the affiliated program sponsor on the student’s behalf.  Non-Missouri resident students are assessed non-resident tuition fees, which are not forwarded to the affiliated program. Students pay any costs beyond the MU educational fees directly to the affiliated program sponsor.

Financial Aid

Financial Aid packages are typically granted in the form of low-interest student loans that cover all trip related expenses (tuition, fees, accommodations, activities and personal expenses)

To be considered for aid, you must:

  • Be enrolled in a study abroad program
  • Complete your financial aid worksheet with your study abroad advisor
  • Take the sheet to Student Financial Aid in 11 Jesse Hall to meet with a financial aid advisor (no appointment necessary or an appointment can be made through MU Connect).

If you are awarded financial aid for study abroad, it will be applied to your MU account according to the regular financial aid disbursement schedule.

Reminder: You must be enrolled in study abroad and have completed the required financial aid forms for study abroad in order to be considered for aid.

Because non-resident tuition charges apply, MU students should be eligible to use non-resident scholarship towards the program costs.

Visas/Resident Permit

You will need to obtain a resident permit for the European Union upon arrival to Germany.  The office will work with you before you depart to ensure you have all the necessary materials to comply with the visa compliance. 

Application Process

  1. Make a study abroad advising appointment with Engineering Study Abroad via MU Connect.
  2. Complete a  Course Proposal for Study Abroad.
  3. Complete your MU Financial Planning Worksheet.
  4. Complete your My Study Abroad Application.
  5. Get ready for a life time adventure!
Back to Top

Enter your keyword