The Shamrock Society is an organization that recognizes members for shaping the College’s present and future through annual or sustaining financial support.
Ken Donohew and Ellen Kippel established the Major General Jack N. Donohew Fund for Diversity and Inclusion in Engineering as part of Mizzou Giving Day.
The funding from the Construction Specification Institute allowed the latest STEM Cubs event to double in size, from 60 kids total to 120, and ensured that they were provided with food and materials for the various activities, including building ramps, 3D printing, constructing string telephones and more.
Luke Manier, a 2001 graduate from the MU Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department, facilitated the donation of equipment for 15 modern industrial automation workstations including components to aid in the construction of two advanced motion control systems from his company, Rockwell Automation.
Dean Elizabeth Loboa announced the formation of the Dave Wollersheim Professorship in Mechanical Engineering, with startup funding coming from generous alumni, colleagues and friends on Wollersheim’s behalf.
The University of Missouri always has been a special place to Craig and Cheryl Lalumandier. So when the opportunity arose to give back as donors of a lead gift to the College of Engineering during Mizzou’s first ever Giving Day event, the Lalumandiers jumped at the opportunity.
Robert and Marcia Healy, longtime supporters of Mizzou and the College of Engineering, were honored at the Potential Energy Cafe grand opening in February.
Josh Seidel was an impeccable engineer and entrepreneur — a sterling example of the type of engineering leader that has called the University of Missouri College of Engineering home over the decades. The foundation set up in his memory wanted to continue that tradition in his honor, helping christen the Joshua M. Seidel Advanced Concrete Materials Laboratory in a ceremony held on Feb. 17 in Lafferre Hall.
The University of Missouri College of Engineering held a ribbon cutting ceremony on Thursday to commemorate the completion of the renovation of the 1935 and 1944 sections of its main building, Thomas and Nell Lafferre Hall.