The requirements for the Master of Engineering degree are the same as those for the Master of Science in Computer Science (MS CS) degree with the following exceptions:
- The student must complete at least 36 hours of graduate courses.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours must be earned from University of Missouri System institutions.
- At least 21 hours must be courses offered by the computer science department.
- At least 15 hours must be 8000 level courses offered by the computer science department (excluding CS 8085).
- CS 8980, CS 8990, and CS 9990 may not be taken.
- At most 3 hours of CS 8085 may be taken.
- No final examination is required.
The entrance requirements for the MS and ME degrees are the same.
Students must decide on either the MS or ME when they apply.