College of Engineering Mission
Our mission is to provide MU Engineering students with the resources and services needed to reach their academic and professional goals.
We support this mission by:
- Supporting the academic and research mission of the University of Missouri, the College of Engineering and College of Engineering departments
- Providing programs and resources to support student success
- Valuing and promoting diversity, multiculturalism and an inclusive environment within the College of Engineering
- Encouraging positive self-growth through academic planning and accountability
- Creating an environment that fosters development by focusing on individual student needs
Pillars of Pursuit
The University of Missouri College of Engineering identified its three core values — Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence in the areas of Education, Research and Translation — as part of the creation of a strategic plan and implementation roadmap for the College. After defining these values, College of Engineering leadership identified a number of differentiators, in the context of those three core values, that set the College apart from its competitors and peers.
The four differentiators became the priority areas for the College’s investments, hiring and resource allocations for the next five years. They collectively are known as the Pillars of Pursuit — Educating Engineering Leaders, Big Data Analytics, Biomedical Innovations and Sustainability inFEWSed (Food, Energy, Water, Smart Cities).