Engineering Career Fair
The University of Missouri College of Engineering presents two career fairs each academic year – one in the fall and one in the spring. A career fair is often the first opportunity students have to meet potential employers.
Note: Career fairs will be offered virtually for the 2020-2021 academic year.
We welcome requests for ADA accommodations. Please contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
CareerEco will manage the virtual career fair platform. To use all CareerEco multi-media options, a webcam or built-in camera may be used with either Google Chrome or Firefox.
Corporate investment offers powerful branding opportunities and helps us educate more engineering leaders! Contact Mizzou Engineering Career Services to learn more.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Students can meet representatives from top engineering companies recruiting for internships, co-ops and full-time positions at the Engineering Career Fair while establishing important network connections. It is important that students dress professionally and are prepared with a current resume. Employers will note appearance, preparedness and professionalism.
Prepare for the Career Fair
- New: Resume Preparation Virtual Workshop Recorded Presentation
- New: Virtual Communication/Interview Skills Workshop
- Read the Virtual Career Fair Guide.
- Watch the Recruiting and Networking Panel Discussion: Employer Tips for Job Searching in a Virtual World.
- Establish a student profile on HireMizzouTigers.com, also referred to as Handshake.
- Establish a profile on LinkedIn.
- Search for upcoming career fairs on HireMizzouTigers.com.
- Check to make sure that you have the necessary technology equipment to participate in the virtual career fair.
- Download any software, applications or programs needed to participate in the virtual career fair.
- Register and establish a profile at the virtual career fair platform that your college is using for the virtual career fair.
- Prepare a résumé and upload it in to your profile on the virtual career fair platform. Make sure your profile is complete. Ask a Career Specialist to review it and provide feedback.
- Participate in any trainings, tutorials and workshops to become very familiar with the virtual career fair platform.
- Familiarize yourself with the list of employers attending the virtual career fair.
- Research organizations that will participate in the virtual career
- Review employers’ chat schedules and sign up for chat times in advance. Do not wait until the last minute.
- Schedule a mock interview with a Career Specialist.
- Participate in events to prepare for the virtual career fair and learn more about organizations. A complete list of virtual events hosted by employers is listed through the “Events” link at the top of your Handshake homepage.
- Professional dress attire is expected.
- Meet with a Career Specialist to discuss your career goals and explore employment opportunities.
- Search for additional resources.
If employers have not already done so, they should establish a profile on HireMizzouTigers.com, also referred to as Handshake. After the profile is established, employers can register for the career fair(s) the wish to attend. They can also post job openings. Contact Mizzou Engineering Career Services for assistance in establishing a profile. Register for a career fair by calling 573.884.1907.