Designing systems to improve human-computer interaction focuses on the interface between human capabilities and computer technologies in order to improve human performance.
Usability Test and Workload Analysis
- Test the effectiveness of Collision Avoidance Technology (CAT) with respect to driver behavior and performance.
- Conduct the sensitivity analysis of the CAT devices
- Offer design solution for a CAT system based on driver’s perspective
- Estimate potential benefits of implementing a CAT system for public transportation
- The overall effectiveness of a CAT system was about 75%, and the acceptance was about 69%.
- Drivers’ reliability was subjected to change over a period of time.
- Drivers adjusted their reliability of a CAT system based on the level of the false warning rate.
- After drivers continuously experienced a high false warning rate, they considered warnings as a nuisance.
Improve Student Learning in Augmented Reality Environments
- To explore how metacognitive monitoring feedback influences student performance in an augmented reality (AR) environment
- Metacognitive monitoring feedback improves student learning performance in augmented reality environments.
- Metacognitive monitoring feedback helps learners have better calibration and more accurate responses in augmented reality environments.
- Metacognitive monitoring feedback influences students reviewing feedback time in augmented reality environments