To meet human needs, advanced manufacturing employs innovative technologies to create existing and new products in a sustainable, economical, and environmentally friendly manner.
- Design and Fabrication of Neutral Interfaces
- Ultrasonic-assisted Devices for Medical Insertion
Fabrication of Neutral Interfaces
Design and develop customizable multifunctional neural interfaces for individualized neuroscience studies and precision medical treatments using advanced materials and manufacturing technologies.
- A hybrid manufacturing approach is developed to fabricate customizable multifunctional neural interfaces for neuroscience studies and medical treatments, including MEMS technologies, inkjet printing, laser cutting, etc.
- This is a maskless fabrication approach, which can dramatically reduce fabrication time and cost.
Ultrasonic-assisted Devices for Medical Insertion
It is important for both patients and doctors to place the needle/implants precisely on the treatment spots and to make it as less painful as possible.
- Longtidual-Torsional ultrasonic vibration-assisted implantation device is designed and developed utilizing metal 3D printing for various needle and implants insertion
- By applying Longitudinal-Torsional ultrasonic vibration, the insertion force can be reduced up to 40%, enabling a precise insertion and less tissue damage.