Mizzou Engineering offers over 240 scholarships to students based on merit, need and special characteristics (ethnicity, place of residence, intended major, etc.). All students, including incoming freshmen, transfers and current students, must apply for engineering scholarships through the University of Missouri’s ScholarshipUniverse application.
Below are a sampling of scholarships awarded by the College of Engineering.
Mizzou Engineering awards scholarships based on factors such as merit, need and special characteristics
In addition to scholarships through Mizzou Engineering, students are eligible for campus-wide scholarships through the University. Students also apply for these scholarships through ScholarshipUniverse.
Learn more about University-wide scholarships awarded on merit, need and special characteristics.
Competitive scholarships are based on academic achievement or specific departments and/or programs
The University also awards scholarships based on financial need. To be eligible for these scholarships, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the Jan. 7 priority deadline.
Mizzou’s FAFSA code is 002516.
How to Apply for Scholarships
Applying for scholarships is easy. Just visit ScholarshipUniverse and apply for as many scholarships as you want at one time. This platform is for all students, including those who have applied to Mizzou, transfer student and current students.
You can apply for scholarships based on a variety of criteria including merit, need and special characteristics. There are a lot of categories, so don’t assume you won’t qualify!
Scholarship application deadline:
- January 7, 2023
- Complete the MU Financial Aid General Scholarship Application through ScholarshipUniverse
- Apply for admission to Mizzou
- Receive your MyZou account
- Visit ScholarshipUniverse on the MU Financial Aid site and login using your MU assigned username and password
- Choose “College of Engineering”
- Answer questions to be matched with scholarships
- Look through matched scholarships and hit “APPLY”
- Verify your scholarship matches
- Fill out additional information including volunteer experience, community contributions, leadership roles, extracurricular activities, awards and honors and a statement on how scholarships will impact your education (financial need, etc.)
- Submit your application
- Contact MU Financial Aid with any questions.