Zhiqiang Hu, William Andrew Davidson Professor, P.E.
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Zhiqiang Hu is a William Andrew Davidson Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Missouri. Hu’s research interests include water and wastewater treatment, environmental nanotechnology and biotechnology, and emerging renewable energy issues. His research has been funded by the Environmental Protection Agency, National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Geological Survey, Water Environment Research Foundation and other members of industry. He is a registered professional engineer in Connecticut.
- PhD from the University of Connecticut
- MS from the University of Connecticut
- BS from Zhejiang University
- Wastewater treatment and biological nutrient removal
- Environmental nanotechnology, bioelectrochemistry and biosensors
- Bacterial adhesion, biofilm formation and biofilm processes
- Integrated biochemical and physicochemical treatment systems
- Biomass and emerging renewable energy issues
- Bioreactor landfills
- Process modeling of suspended and attached growth systems