The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate trains students in the Lean Six Sigma methodology to improve system performance by identifying problems and finding effective solutions. Students who complete the Certificate are certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belts.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate Requirements
3 IMSE courses:
- IMSE 4110 – Engineering Statistics (3 credit hours)
- IMSE 4310 – Integrated Production System Design (3 credit hours)
- IMSE 4610 – Engineering Quality Control (3 credit hours)
1 IMSE project course:
- IMSE 4385 – Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Project (1 credit hour, includes a report and presentation)
For successful completion of the certificate, students must:
- Obtain a GPA average of 2.5 or better in IMSE 4110, 4310, 4610
- Successfully complete IMSE 4385 using the DMAIC Process
About IMSE 4385/7385
Students will apply the Lean Six Sigma methodology within an organization.
The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook, George, et al., McGraw Hill, 2005.
- Lean Six Sigma Project
- Progress Reports (3) 10 points
- Final Presentation 30 points
- Final Report 60 points
- Total: 100 points
- Identify project domain (progress report 1)
- Conduct Lean Six Sigma Project
- Six Sigma – Define (progress report 2)
- Six Sigma – Measure
- Six Sigma – Analyze (progress report 3)
- Six Sigma – Improve
- Six Sigma – Control
- Lean Six Sigma Project Presentation
- Lean Six Sigma Project Final Report
To inquire about the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, contact Jim Noble or speak to an academic advisor.