The Civil and Environmental Engineering department conducts ground-breaking research that directly impacts our state, nation and world.
Undergraduate students can get involved in research as early as freshman year. Contact Sarah Orton, director of undergraduate studies, to get started.
Graduate students are integral to our research and teaching mission. Questions should be directed to Maria Fidalgo, director of graduate studies.
Featured Research Centers
Centers and Signature Programs
- Center for Transportation Security
- Institute for Interdisciplinary Geotechnics
- Transportation Infrastructure Center
- National Center for Explosion Resistant Design
- Midwest Energy Efficiency Research Consortium
- Smart Cities Research