Complete the graduation application in order to graduate
Here are ways to find the application:
- Mizzou One: Graduation > Apply for Graduation
- myZou: Student Center > My Academics > Apply for graduation
- myZou: Student Center > Other Academics > Apply for graduation
- myZou: Main Menu > Search Box > Enter Apply for graduation
Minors and Certificates
How to Declare a Minor or Certificate
- Declare a minor or certificate by submitting a form online at this link: Declaring a Minor and Certificate.
- Log in using your MU pawprint and password.
- Once submitted, your declaration will be processed by the division and you will be notified by email when it is approved.
Please note: minors do not print on your diploma but they are on your transcripts.
Nominating a Mentor
- You have the option to nominate a faculty/staff/mentor who has been essential to your success at Mizzou.
- The nomination must be made prior to graduation.
- Look for more details from the advising office.
- Diplomas are mailed out several weeks after the ceremony by the Registrar’s Office
- They will be sent to your permanent address listed in myZou.
- Go to your myZou Student Center to verity the correct address is listed.
- If you need a letter verifying the completion of your degree prior to receiving your diploma, contact your Advisor. Allow 1-2 days for processing.
- All Mizzou Online Courses must be completed by the Tuesday after finals week in order for grading and final grades to be entered.
- Official transcripts for all transfer courses must be sent to Admissions, 230 Jesse Hall before the Tuesday after finals week to allow posting time.
- Please follow up with the sending institutions – just because you requested a transcript, does not mean it was sent. You may have a hold or other tasks to complete before the transcript can be sent.
- To verify your transfer credits visit myZou and navigate to Self-Service > Transfer Credit > View Transfer Credit Report.
Incomplete Courses (“I”s)
All incomplete grades will automatically turn into an “F” if they are not completed by the end of the semester. This will affect your GPA and may prevent graduation.
Listed on your final transcript & based on your final official UM system cumulative GPA after grades are posted.
Those listed in the commencement bulletin at the ceremony will be based on your GPA at the end of previous semester.
This is because your final GPA will not be available until after the commencement ceremony. We cannot make exceptions to this rule.
Departmental (ENGR) Honors
Requires a project or thesis approved by your honors faculty member.
Awarded to students who have completed Honors College coursework and Latin Honors.
Latin and ENGR honor cords
The College of Engineering does not provide honor cords for students receiving Latin or engineering honors. Students wishing to purchase and wear honors cords may purchase them from the Mizzou Store . Although the MU Bookstore does not accept individual orders for students, the College of Engineering provides the Bookstore with the count of our honors-eligible students so it knows how many to order.
The following cord colors have been adopted by the University of Missouri-College of Engineering:
- Honors Scholar: 1 Orange Cord
- Cum Laude: 1 White Cord (if also Honors Scholar you may add 1 orange cord)
- Magna Cum Laude: 1 White Cord and 1 Gold Cord (if also Honors Scholar you may add 1 orange cord)
- Summa Cum Laude: 1 White Cord, 1 Gold Cord, and 1 Kelly Green Cord (if also Honors Scholar you may add 1 orange cord)
You will receive a link to the Outcomes Survey via email or you can find it online. Please complete it! We look forward to receiving your valuable feedback. We want to know where you are headed after Mizzou.