Applying for Graduation
Complete the graduation form in order to graduate.
- Names for the commencement program are pulled in early February. If you changed anything after this your name might not be included in the program.
- If you have a privacy (FERPA) hold, you will not be listed in the commencement program.
- Your name will appear on your diploma exactly as it is written in myZou
- Name changes can be requested at the Admissions Office (230 Jesse Hall)
- To verify your name, go to mydegree.missouri.edu
- Look for an email from the Registrar’s Office to confirm the above information. It should arrive early to mid-March.
College of Engineering Spring 2019 Commencement
Saturday, May 18
4 p.m. in Mizzou Arena
Students line up by 2:45 p.m. in the Hearnes Field House
- Ceremony will be approximately 2 hours
- No practice is required
- No tickets are required. All seats are on a first come, first serve basis
- There are handicap seats
- You do not have participate in the graduation ceremony to graduate
More information about parking, lodging, live streaming, etc. is available at http://commencement.missouri.edu.
Watch the livestream here.
Saturday, May 18
8:30 a.m. in Mizzou Arena
Students graduating with any type of honors – Latin, Departmental or University Honors will receive an invitation to participate in the Honors Ceremony. Invitations for the Honors Ceremony are emailed by the Registrar’s Office.
Nominating a Mentor
- You have the option to nominate a faculty/staff/mentor who has been essential to your success at Mizzou.
- The nomination must be made prior to graduation.
- Look for more details in the Registrar’s email.
- Diplomas are mailed out several weeks after the ceremony by the Registrar’s Office
- They will be sent to your permanent address listed in myZou.
- Go to your myZou Student Center to verity the correct address is listed.
- If you need a letter verifying the completion of your degree prior to receiving your diploma, contact your Advisor. Allow 1-2 days for processing.
Minors do not print on your diploma but they are on your transcripts. Minors are awarded by each college.
- If you are receiving a minor from a college besides Engineering, you should verify you’ve completed all required classes and forms with the awarding college.
- Some colleges wait until the end of the semester to input minors in myZou. Keep checking to ensure yours are awarded.
Applications for frequently completed minors:
To verify your minor(s) were entered into myZou, check mydegree.missouri.edu.
- All Mizzou Online Courses must be completed by May 1, 2019 in order for grading and final grades to be entered.
- Official transcripts for all transfer courses must be sent to Admissions, 230 Jesse Hall before May 18, 2019 to allow posting time.
- Please follow up with the sending institutions – just because you requested a transcript, does not mean it was sent. You may have a hold or other tasks to complete before the transcript can be sent.
- To verify your transfer credits visit myZou and navigate to Self-Service > Transfer Credit > View Transfer Credit Report.
Incomplete Courses (“I”s)
All incomplete grades will automatically turn into an “F” if they are not completed by the end of the semester. This will affect your GPA and may prevent graduation. Take care of all incomplete courses before May 18.
Still working on plans for after graduation? Visit our Leadership Academy for advice and assistance.
You will receive a link to the Outcomes Survey via email or you can find it online. Please complete it! We look forward to receiving your valuable feedback. We want to know where you are headed after Mizzou.