College of Engineering Spring 2019 Commencement
Saturday, May 18
4:00 p.m. in Mizzou Arena
For more information, contact the commencement liaisons at: 573-882-2648.
Watch the livestream here.
Required Commencement (Graduation) Forms
Congratulations on your graduation! Before the big day, make sure you:
Take the MU Outcomes Survey.
- Please complete this brief survey which asks about your post-graduation plans and your experience at the University of Missouri. It should take only a few minutes to finish and we will use this information to enhance our services to better prepare our students for life after graduation.
- This survey is a campus requirement for graduation. So, please be sure to complete it at your earliest convenience. Only those graduating at the upcoming ceremony need to complete the survey at this time.
- The Graduation Form must be completed and submitted to their department by:
- Dates will be announced in the spring.
- This form is used to gather information for the College’s commencement ceremony and University commencement programs.
- Diplomas are sent to the student’s permanent address listed in MyZou.
- Mailed to the student several weeks after verification of completion of all requirements for graduation.
- For more information, visit the Commencement website.
Caps & Gowns
Custom Mizzou regalia may be purchased from the Mizzou Store.
The College of Engineering does not provide honor cords for students receiving Latin or engineering honors. Students wishing to purchase and wear honors cords may purchase them from the Mizzou Store (MU Bookstore). Although the MU Bookstore does not accept individual orders for students, the College of Engineering provides the Bookstore with the count of our honors-eligible students so it knows how many to order.
The following cord colors have been adopted by the University of Missouri College of Engineering:
- Honors Scholar: 1 Orange Cord
- Cum Laude: 1 White Cord (if also Honors Scholar you may add 1 orange cord)
- Magna Cum Laude: 1 White Cord and 1 Gold Cord (if also Honors Scholar you may add 1 orange cord)
- Summa Cum Laude: 1 White Cord, 1 Gold Cord, and 1 Kelly Green Cord (if also Honors Scholar you may add 1 orange cord)
- The Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam is the first step to becoming a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE). The FE exam is administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). This is an outside entity not affiliated with the University of Missouri. Students are strongly encouraged to take the exam within their last year of study.
- The FE exam is computer-based and administered year-round at NCEES approved testing centers. Students will need to register for the exam through the NCEES website. Once you register, NCEES will notify you of the testing site and details. You can view more information about the process here: ncees.org/engineering/fe.
- A student who passes the exam becomes an Engineer In Training (EIT).
For more information about Graduation/Commencement at Mizzou, click here to view information from the MU Registrar.