All students who completed the requirements for graduation will have degrees conferred. We hope you will join us for our Commencement Ceremony for May 2022 graduates at 4 p.m. on Friday, May 13 at the Mizzou. Please visit the University’s Commencement page for the latest details regarding ceremonies for the Class of 2022.
Complete the graduation application in order to graduate
To find the application:
- MizzouOne: Graduation > Apply for Graduation
How to Declare a Minor or Certificate
- Declare a minor or certificate by submitting a form online at this link: Declaring a Minor and Certificate.
- Log in using your MU pawprint and password.
- Once submitted, your declaration will be processed by the division, and you will be notified by email when it is approved.
Please note: minors do not appear on your diploma, but they are on your transcripts.
Nominating a Mentor
- You have the option to nominate a faculty/staff/mentor who has been essential to your success at Mizzou.
- The nomination must be made prior to graduation.
- For more information, contact the advising office
- Diplomas are mailed out several weeks after the ceremony by the Registrar’s Office.
- If you need a letter verifying the completion of your degree prior to receiving your diploma, contact your Advisor. Allow 1-2 days for processing.
- All Missouri Online Courses must be completed by the Tuesday after finals week in order for final grades to be entered.
- Official transcripts for all transfer courses must be sent to Admissions, 230 Jesse Hall, before the Tuesday after finals week to allow posting time.
- Please follow up with the sending institutions – just because you requested a transcript, does not mean it was sent. You may have a hold or other tasks to complete before the transcript can be sent.
- To verify your transfer credits visit myZou and navigate to Self-Service > Transfer Credit > View Transfer Credit Report.
Incomplete Courses (“I”s)
All incomplete grades will automatically turn into an “F” if they are not completed by the end of the semester of graduation. This will affect your GPA and may prevent graduation.
Latin honors are listed on your final transcript and based on your final official UM system cumulative GPA after grades are posted.
Those listed in the commencement bulletin at the ceremony will be based on your GPA at the end of previous semester.
This is because your final GPA will not be available until after the commencement ceremony. We cannot make exceptions to this rule.
Latin and ENGR honor cords
The College of Engineering does not provide honor cords for students receiving Latin or engineering honors. Students wishing to purchase honor cords may do so through The Mizzou Store. The store does not accept individual orders for students; the College of Engineering provides The Mizzou Store with the count of our honors-eligible students, so it knows how many to order.
The following cord colors have been adopted by the University of Missouri-College of Engineering:
- Honors Scholar: 1 Orange Cord
- Cum Laude: 1 White Cord (if also Honors Scholar you may add 1 orange cord)
- Magna Cum Laude: 1 White Cord and 1 Gold Cord (if also Honors Scholar you may add 1 orange cord)
- Summa Cum Laude: 1 White Cord, 1 Gold Cord, and 1 Kelly Green Cord (if also Honors Scholar you may add 1 orange cord)
You will receive a link to the Outcomes Survey via email or you can find it online. We look forward to receiving your valuable feedback. We want to know where you are headed after Mizzou.