Earning an advanced degree provides tremendous opportunities to conduct research, gain teaching experience and network with professional partners, all while gaining skills and knowledge to work in academia, with leading companies and at national labs. Apply through the MU Graduate School.
Competitive fellowships such as grants, scholarships and other funding opportunities are available to graduate students.
The College of Engineering offers several Fellowships in addition to national and international opportunities, including the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship.
Doctoral Scholarship Program
Pursue your PhD at Mizzou Engineering with a doctoral fellowship that will support qualified students for their entire program of study.
PhD students here have numerous opportunities to participate in a variety of research programs. Work alongside world-renowned faculty in engineering. Collaborate with researchers across campus to make new discoveries in health care. Explore technological innovations and entrepreneurship. Whether your goal is to pursue a career in academia or secure a job with leading companies and national labs, our programs are designed to help you succeed.
Serve as a half-time Graduate Research Assistant or half-time Graduate Teaching Assistant for your department and receive the following:
Overview of Scholarship
College of Engineering Fellowships
James W. and Joan M. O’Neill Fellowship in Engineering
$5,000 to $10,000 for first-year graduate engineering students.
Aubrey A. Knight Memorial Fellowship in Engineering
Fellowships by Department
- Robert Holtsmith Graduate Student Scholarship Fund for Chemical Engineering
- George Kurfin Graduate Fellowship in Environmental Engineering
- EECS Department Fellowship with tuition waiver
- IMSE GAANN Fellowship
- Sharon L. Langenbeck, PhD Endowed Fellowship in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Joseph and Betty Hogan Graduate Fellowship in Electrical Engineering
- Professor Jon M. Meese, PhD / AOI Endowed Fellowship in Electrical Engineering or Bioengineering
- Ornburn Family Engineering Graduate Scholarship – Civil and Environmental Engineering
- John C. Korngay, PhD Scholarship in Mechanical Engineering (veterans / ROTC)
Graduate Research Assistantships allow you to earn money while working in a lab. Graduate Teaching Assistantships allow you to earn money for teaching.
Doctoral Degrees and Contacts
- Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The Office of Financial Aid connects students and family with financial aid.
The Fellowships and Advanced Studies office works with students to find competitive grants, scholarships and other opportunities to fund study, research or teaching in the U.S. or abroad.