ABET Mechanical Engineering
The University of Missouri program in Mechanical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
ME Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
Graduates of the Mechanical Engineering program will (within a few years of graduation):
- successfully practice the mechanical engineering disciplines;
- contribute to society and the engineering profession;
- engage in life-long learning to advance professionally through continuing education and training;
- succeed in graduate studies in mechanical engineering or a related field if pursued.
ABET Definition for Program Educational Objectives:
Program Educational Objectives are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation. Program Educational Objectives are based on the needs of the program’s constituencies.
Student Outcomes (SOs):
Students from the Mechanical Engineering program will attain (by the time of graduation):
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
ABET Definition for Student Outcomes:
Student Outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the knowledge, skills, and behaviors that students acquire as they progress through the program.
ME Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Awarded Degrees|