The University of Missouri program in Industrial Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc. (www.abet.org).
Industrial Engineering Program Educational Objectives
The Industrial Engineering program educational objectives have been developed to address the needs of our constituencies and to be consistent with the University of Missouri mission. Within 3-5 years of graduation from the IE program:
- Graduates will create value for their employers, demonstrate entrepreneurial initiative and make contributions that benefit society.
- Graduates will expand their capabilities through professional development and advanced education.
- Graduates will provide leadership and be agents of change in their profession and/or communities.
Industrial Engineering Student Outcomes
Students from the Industrial Engineering program will attain (by the time of graduation):
- an ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
IE Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Awarded Degrees|