We promote an inclusive environment for all students fostering a learning and working environment where all people are valued for bringing different perspectives that serve to address issues facing our world.
IDE Faculty Fellows have been appointed to serve as a resource and to support efforts around inclusion, diversity and equity.
Inclusivity, Diversity and Equity Alumni Advisory Council
Mizzou Engineering has formed a new Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Alumni Advisory Council to advise faculty and staff within the college on programmatic IDE initiatives. The group will serve as a resource for retreats, gatherings and open forums to support IDE initiatives. Council members include:
- Dr. Ward Chambers (EE ’67)
- Kevin Johnson (BS ME ’90)
- Craig Lalumandier (BS EE, BS CE ’89)
- Dr. Sharon Langenbeck (BS MAE ’74, MS MAE ’76, PhD MAE ’79)
- Andre Logan (BS IE ’01)
- Michael E. Melton (BS EE ’81, JD ’84)
- Adriana S. Ocampo (BS IE ’96)
- Dr. Sheri Smithey (PhD AgE ’93)
- Evelyn Watson (EE ’04)
- Michael Watson (CS/IT ’06)
The Inclusivity Center, located in W1026 Lafferre Hall, provides resources and support for students of all backgrounds and educational needs.
The Inclusivity Center is open and staffed five days a week.
Student Chapters & Organization Partnerships
The College of Engineering has more than 50 student organizations. Mizzou’s Office of Diversity and Outreach Initiatives actively supports and helps these organizations succeed. A few examples include:
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Mizzou NSBE Chapter
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Mizzou SHPE Chapter
- Society of Women Engineers
- Mizzou SWE Chapter
- Out in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Alpha Omega Epsilon
- All Engineering Student Teams and Organizations
Our office is advised by the Student Advisory Council and the Graduate Student Advisory Council.
MU Wellness Resources
- Wellness Resource Center
- Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention Center
- Counseling Center
- Office of Institutional Equity
- Multicultural Center
- Gaines/Oldham Black Culture Center
- LGBTQ Resource Center
- Women’s Center
- Division of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity