The University of Missouri program in Biomedical Engineering is a relatively new program.
Biomedical Engineering Program Educational Objectives:
The current educational objectives of the Biomedical Engineering program are:
- Graduates will show proficiency in quantitative analysis, engineering design and development.
- Graduates will interact effectively with life science, regulatory and other professionals.
- Graduates will leverage principles of biological and engineering sciences for the design and development of innovative systems, including interactions between living and non-living systems.
- Graduates will demonstrate leadership and professionalism as they continually add value to their chosen field of endeavor and to society.
- Graduates will adopt and integrate rapidly evolving new developments in life sciences and engineering through continuing education and/or advanced study in engineering, medicine or other fields.
Biomedical Engineering Student Outcomes:
Students from the Biomedical program will attain (by the time of graduation):
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering programs by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics
- An ability to apply both analysis and synthesis in the engineering design process, resulting in designs that meet desired needs
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
BME Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Awarded Degrees|